Welcome to my woolly little blog!!



Welcome to my woolly little blog!!
You are welcome to browse, comment, ask questions,
seek advice on a knitting issue and find out more about Shetland and it's world renowned wool.
Plus, some snippets and snaps from my everyday life.
So pull up a chair and sit awhile, away from the rush of the world.
Please do not use any images from my blog as most of them, unless otherwise stated, are my own work.
You are more than welcome to read, comment and follow!

Thursday 9 February 2012

Time for a Change!

After my last post about looking forward to spring, I thought it was time for a fresh new header for my blog, so I lay in bed last night and planned one in my mind ready to get up this morning and get to work on it.
The backdrop is a pure Shetland wool all-over Fair Isle jumper made by my darling niece Victoria. The lace shawl in natural colours in the foreground is my first ever attempt at knitting lace and is almost finished. I will post it on here when it's done. All the wool is 2 ply lace and is available from The Wool Brokers Shetland Ltd (aka Jamieson & Smith Lerwick. Just click on the red J&S logo on the right of my blog to take you to their very interesting website where you can buy books, patterns wool etc.)
The little 'leaping sheep' cup is one of two cups and saucers my fab sister Anne gave me just after me and my hubby moved into the cozy little house we live in now. Twinings tea is one of my favourite brands. That and Melrose's. And the funny looking leather thing with the holes in is a knitting 'belt'. These are used only in the Shetland Isles to my knowledge and I will do a separate post soon just for this very interesting and useful piece of equipment.
OK, that's it for just now. I hope you like the new header. Comments, likes, dislikes are all welcome here. I want to make my blog really interesting to those who read it!
Thanks for popping by. Please feel free to join the site and become a follower if you haven't already. Just click the button on the side bar of my blog.I'll always be posting new articles, photos etc about Shetland, Shetland wool etc.
I'm off for a cup of Twinings!


2 comments:

  1. I think it's a lovely picture! It makes me feel cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased you like it. There's nothing nicer than feeling cozy and warm!

    ReplyDelete